- Basic Surgical Training
- Higher Surgical Training
- Clinical Attachment Programme for Examination Eligible Candidate
- Subspecialty Training in General Surgery
- Research Project
- Hospital Inspection
- Simulation Training
- Proctorship Programme for Basic Laparoscopic Surgery
- Regulations and Guideline
Higher Surgical Training in the six surgical specialties (namely General Surgery, Urology, Neurosurgery, Paediatric Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery and Plastic Surgery) is under the auspices of the respective Specialty Boards of CSHK.
To enter Higher Surgical Training Programme of CSHK, trainees must fulfill all the following requirements:
· Fully registered with The Medical Council of Hong Kong
· Being an Ordinary Member of CSHK
· Passed the Conjoint Selection Exercise of Higher Surgical Trainees held by the Hospital Authority(HA) of Hong Kong and CSHK (Please refer to the website of HA: https://www.ha.org.hk/visitor/ha_visitor_index.asp?Content_ID=1237&Dimension=100&Lang=ENG)
· Obtained a Higher Surgical Training post from an approved training units/institutions in Hong Kong
A register of Higher Surgical Trainees is maintained at CSHK Secretariat. Higher Surgical Trainees must register with CSHK within the first month of their higher surgical training. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure the application form reaches our office on time. Late application or incomplete application will not be accepted. No allowance will be made for postal or other delays. Failure to register on time will render the respective training period NOT recognized.
An annual registration fee, is to be paid by all higher surgical trainees until they complete their higher surgical training.
Trainees are required to settle their annual registration fee within the first month of the year, i.e. before 31st January. A surcharge of 100% will be levied for any late payment after the first month of the year. Those who fail to settle the outstanding fee within the first three months of the year, i.e. before 31st March, will be removed from the College Register.
Only paid-up Higher Surgical Trainees are allowed to take the Fellowship Examination conducted by CSHK.
Please refer to the “Policy on Annual Subscription” for further details.
Applicants are requested to attach the following required documents to support information given in the application. These copies are not returnable and will be verified in due course.
Certified True Copy of:· Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
· A crossed cheque of HKD 1,800 (Annual Registration Fee) in favor of “The College of Surgeons of Hong Kong Limited”. The cheque will be returned to the applicant by post if the application is unsuccessful. **Applicants are required to pay the Registration Fee annually until they have completed their higher surgical training.
· Certified true copy of other relevant examinations/qualifications (if any)
Remark: A processing fee of HKD 100 will be charged for any unsuccessful application, including incomplete application.